By using the “Medical and Science Media” web site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please review these terms carefully. If you do not agree to these terms you should not use this site. These Terms and Conditions may be updated, revised or changed from time to time, as may the web sites content and prices without prior notice. All changes are effective immediately upon uploading.
Please feel free to browse the Site; however, your access to and use of the Site is subject to the following Terms and all applicable laws:
1. You shall use the Site for lawful purposes only.
2. This Site contains information and material, i.e text, and photos which are derived in whole or in part from information and materials supplied by “Medical and Science Media” and other sources, which are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws, and the entire content of the Site is copyrighted as a collective work. Because of this you are not permitted to copy any part of the site design, including downloading images, and copying text.
1. Payment is required before an order is shipped. Options available are Credit Card, PayPal, or Bank Transfer. Credit card transactions are processed via the eWay gateway. If you don't want to use the shopping cart you can email the order to us with payment details and we will process the order manually.
2. The prices on the “Medical and Science Media” web site do not include GST. This tax is added during the checkout stage. Overseas customers will not be charged the GST tax.
3. We will accept an order cancellation, but it must be within 24 hours of placing the order. The exception being microscope slide orders not in stock. These orders can be cancelled up to 5 days after the order date.
4. The average time for dispatch of an order, where the product is not in stock, is 14 days, except for some microscope slide orders which can take several weeks to supply. After placing your order you will be notified of the expected delivery time. Depending on the item/s purchased it could take from 1 day, to several days before we can confirm this time.
5. Domestic Delivery will be handled by Australia Post via Express Post, Insured Post or Registered Post. Overseas customers will have the option of shipping via a variety of Australia Post Services, such as Economy Airmail (not trackable), Standard Airmail (trackable), or Express Post International (trackable). Certain countries will only have some of the above mentioned options available. Visit our Shipping Details page for more information.
6. Shipping insurance is compulsory. For Overseas orders it is charged at a fixed rate which varies for each weight range. For Australian Orders the fee is 1.5% of the product price.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Insurance to some countries is not available, particularly with Economy Airmail Delivery. For orders from these countries the more expensive delivery charges will apply.
7. If an item is faulty it will be replaced, but must be returned first. We will pay for the return of the item, and the delivery charges to return the replacement back to you.
8. Each order incurs only one delivery charge. Delivery will not be charged again on a back-ordered item when that item was part of a multiple product order.
9. Most orders are dispatched via “Medical and Science Media”. Occasionally an order is drop-shipped to shorten the delivery time. In such a case only your address is supplied to the company handling the delivery.
10. We do not charge a handling fee.
11. Medical and Science Media are not responsible for any Customs, or Duty payable on your order.
12. On the checkout page we are now showing the 1.5% fee associated with payment. Currently we accept credit card payments via eWay or PayPal. If you are placing a large order and want to avoid the credit card fee, a bank transfer can be arranged at a fee of from $10.00 to $25 per transfer. This fee only applies to overseas transfers.
1. Unopened CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, and DVD.
2. Returns must be arranged within 30 days of the invoice date for Overseas customers, and 14 days for Australian customers.
3. Returns will only be accepted if they include an authorisation number. This will be supplied to you by e-mail when the return is confirmed.
If an item is returned in poor condition, or if you return an item/s without authorisation we will send it back. When returning an item please send it via insured, or registered post. If the item is not insured or registered, and is damaged, stolen, or lost in transit, no refund with be supplied. The refund for an approved return will not include the delivery charge.
1. Opened CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, and DVD.
2. Microscope slides.
3. An item purchased outside the allotted return time period.
1. Security on this site is handled through a Comodo SSL Certificate. To view details click on the Secured by Sectigo logo in the left hand column.
2. We don't store credit card details, but the numbers are stored with our payment gateway provider, eWAY. eWAY secures all customer and credit-card data with military-grade software and servers, and the highest level of encryption available.
By completing and submitting an online order you are making an offer to purchase goods, which if accepted by us result in a binding contract.